Lifehacker had a cool article titled “The Best Add-Ons for Google Drive.” Below are the programs but, as usual, check out the article:
- Mapping Sheets
- Track Changes
- Make Your Own Add-Ons
BuzzFeed has a really amazing article titled “65 Songs You Will Never Be Able To Listen To The Same Way Again.” Some really crazy stuff in there. Below are some of my favorites but make sure you check out the rest.
- Aerosmith’s “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” was originally written for Celine Dion.
- “Tainted Love” is also a cover. The original is by Gloria Jones and came out in 1964.
- ALSO “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” is a cover of some dude. The original is by a guy named Robert Hazard.
- One last one: “I Love Rock & Roll” is a cover. It was originally by The Arrows, not Joan Jett.
- The song “Sweet Child of Mine” was written in five minutes.
- Little Richard’s “Tutti Frutti” is actually about anal sex.
- The song “Summer of 69” by Bryan Adams is about 69’ing, like, sexually. Inthis interview, he said: “Some parts [of the song] are autobiographical, but the title comes from the idea of 69 as a metaphor for sex. Most people thought it was about the year 1969.”
- “Brick” by Ben Folds Five is also about abortion.
- Shel Silverstein wrote “A Boy Named Sue.”
- “Gettin’ Jiggy wit It” was written by Nas.
- “Red Red Wine” by UB40 was originally recorded by Neil Diamond
- Prince wrote Sinead O’Connor’s “Nothing Compares 2 U.”
- “Since U Been Gone” was turned down by Pink and Hilary Duff before Kelly Clarkson recorded it.
- “Me and Mr. Jones” by Amy Winehouse is about Nas.
- Aretha Franklin’s “Respect” was written by Otis Redding. You can listen to his version here.
- “You Oughta Know” by Alanis Morissette is about Dave Coulier (from Full House).
- “Ben” by Michael Jackson was originally intended for Donny Osmond.
- “Bad” was originally supposed to be a duet between Michael Jackson and Prince.
- The song “Hey Ya” by Outkast is actually about a man stuck in a loveless relationship.
- Lori Lieberman wrote “Killing Me Softly,” not Roberta Flack.
- Shania Twain or Faith Hill were both given the opportunity to recordBeyoncé’s “Irreplaceable.”
- The song “Hollaback Girl” by Gwen Stefani was written in response to something Courtney Love said about Gwen in Seventeen magazine.
- Prince wrote The Bangles’ “Manic Monday.”
- The song “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds” is not about an LSD trip. It’s about a painting John Lennon’s son drew for him.
- Prince’s song “1999” is about nuclear war.